An excerpt from the 1905 Jonesport Register: 'In 1881, George Capen, of Eastport, erected the sardine plant, known as the Middle factory, and of late secured by the Sea Coast Canning Company. Four years later, Mr. Capen sold out to Wolfe and Reesing of New York. The next owner was the Jonesport Packing Company, of which Fred M. Smith, George W. Smith and Newell Rumery were members. From this company the present owners bought the plant in 1895.' This historic property known as the 'Middle Factory' or fondly referred to as 'Pinch Penny' was operated as a sardine factory from 1883 until 1962. Since that time it has been operating as a lobster buying station. This turn-key operation is complete with 15,000 sq ft of storage capability, live well storage, bait storage and hoist, fork lifts, combination double walled gasoline and diesel tank and associated pumps and other contents. Much more potential for the adventurous buyer!